Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wedding music download day!

The weekend before we become Mr. & Mrs. Welk!

Yesterday was highly productive!  Nick and I went back to my parents house and starting on wedding prep!  We got all of the hay bales in place and cut yards upon yards of burlap to lay over the bales.  All in all it was a huge success and we are feeling on top of our games and ready.
Nick and I hard at work laying out the burlap

Today we are downloading music for our wedding and getting it on the Ipod.  Come wedding day all we will have to do is press play.  We have chosen the classic Pachebel in Cannon D for our aisle walk song, and Feel So Close by Calvin Harris for our exit song.  Our first dance is going to be Sweet Pea by Amos Lee.  We are having a hard time deciding on a father - daughter dance however.  I would love some advice here. 
It's all coming together!

Right now Nick is hanging up a beautiful wine rack that a friend bought for us on our wedding registry.  It's so exciting coming home every day after work because we go to open the front door and there's just been stacks of presents waiting for us.  Our kitchen is looking awesome with all the eco-friendly gadgets we have been getting, I cannot wait to start cooking up a married life storm in here after we get back from our much needed and well deserved honeymoon. 
This is where we will be standing next weekend when we say "I DO!"

As for me, my rash is looking much better! Yay!  I went to the doctor on Friday and they told me that it looks like I had an allergic reaction to something, which is weird because I'm not allergic to anything (or so I thought).  So hopefully whatever it was that I ate or touched on Monday, I do not manage to get myself into again prior to the wedding. 

It's all coming together.  It look's like this wedding is going to happen, and dare I say it, it might even run smoothly :-)  As for the list of things that still need to happen.... it's long.  It's a good thing that Nick and I have taken Wednesday through Friday of next week off to get everything ready.  Here is a list of things still to do:

-Buy paint for the recycling barrels, and then paint them
-Buy posterboard to put on out on the road that say's our names on it with a big arrow
-Buy balloons to hang from my parents mailbox
-Paint "wedding" on a chunk of barn wood
-Buy cold food items that have to be transported home
-Pick up flower pens from my maid of honor
-Buy (4) black ties for the groomsmen
-Finalize our music selections
-Check on wedding night hotel reservation (I'm going to do that right now!  Thank goodness I just thought of it!)
-Confirm flight plans
-Finish packing our honeymoon bags with the final things
-Buy LED string lights
-Buy dessert plates
-Buy stuff to make flower poms to hang from trees
-Get ring cleaned
-Drop off dogs at kennel
-Pack the car as tight as possible

and that's all I can actually remember that needs to happen right now.  Wish us luck!  6 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment