Monday, August 6, 2012

Meet the Welks

Nick and I fishing the John Day river on Thanksgiving 2011
Noni (9 years) and Arlo (2 years)

I wish I had a terribly romantic story to tell you all about how I met my soon-to-be husband and how he swept me off my feet in some grand, chivalrous act, however our story is fairly ordinary. 

Nick and I met on a warm Fall night in October 2010... at a bar.  Not even a cutesie, hole in the wall, brick, old world charm, kind of bar.  Nope.  It was a bar where you could play pool for free, the drinks were cheap, and people came in NASCAR t-shirts and jersey shorts.  To make a long story short, Nick and I met, instantly hit it off, and moved in with each other 5 months later.  The rest is history. Luckily, all of our rambunctious 4-legged children got along swell.  Arlo loved Noni immediately.  Noni tolerated Arlo just fine.  And Nick's cat Squeak ruled the roost and made sure we all knew it. 

He knows he isn't allowed on the table
We have a loving, happy, and very furry family.  We wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, but now it's time to grow!  We're ready to get a bun in the oven.

Having never been much of a "blogger" before and this all being very new to Nick and I, we're open to pretty much any format.  If you have questions we would love to answer them as our blog grows.  We'll be posting pictures and videos a few times a week.


P.S. Nick and I want to cook something delicious this weekend, neither one of us are very cunlinarily (yes, I just made this word up) inclined, but it is a skill we would like to acquire.  If anyone happens to read this post before this Saturday, we would love some suggestions!  We'll even make a blog posting on what we end up cooking and how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment