Thursday, August 9, 2012

Javatopia Organic Coffee Review & How I Make My Coffee

Morning all!  

I have an hour before I have to head out the door to work this morning so I figured I could get a quick posting in.  I am drinking "Bird Friendly Javatopia Organic Coffee".  It is certified organic, shade grown, and friendly to migratory birds.

Please see pictures below on how I make my morning cup of Joe!
Step 1 - Boil water
Step 2 - Grind beans


On to the review!

Javatopia breakfast blend coffee is by far my favorite coffee! It's not bitter, has a tad bit of sweetness to it, and doesn't cost bucket loads.  How was that for short, sweet and to the point?!

How do I drink it?

I start off my using my handy and oh so awesome  reusable coffee filter and slow drip coffee cup topper.  I got the coffee filter at Whole Foods and it is awesome.  All you have to do is wash it with a little dish soap and let it dry after you use it.  The drip coffee cup topper I bought at World Market, their really isn't anything special about it other than I like the color.  My only complaint is that it doesn't have a peek hole at the bottom so you can see when your cup is getting full.

Lastly, I use Madhava Raw Agave Nectar for sweetness.  Just a small amount goes a long way.  AND Organic 1% on top, and my coffee is ready!  Yum!  Let me know what your favorite organic coffee is!
Step 3 - Add ground beans to reusable coffee filter
Step 4 - Add hot water

Interested in a bit more??

When I buy coffee, I always make sure it is shade grown and organic, however, this whole bird friendly thing completely threw me for a loop.  I couldn't figure out what wasn't bird friendly about regular coffee, and what made this coffee "bird friendly".  So I did what anyone would in my situation, I googled it.  Duh.  Now, I feel silly for not thinking that coffee could be bird friendly.  Bird friendly coffee is grown in a way that isn't disruptive to birds migratory paths or forests.  Birds use the forests for cover.  Shade grown coffee is grown beneath the shade of trees in forests without cutting them down.  This is not only helpful to the birds, but also all the other animals and indigenous communities that inhabit the forest lands.
Step 5 - top with your favorite sweetener and cream
Step 6 - Give it a stir

Step 7 - Enjoy (Thumbs up!)
*As a reminder, I will be doing a blog on learning to cook something new and delicious this weekend.  I would love some suggestions, please leave comments!  Happy Thursday everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Where can I purchase bird friendly javatopia coffee? Have been searching the Internet and can not find it. Thank you, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it at Fred Meyers (or Kroger- I am in the NW).

      Delete
  2. Fred Meyer has carried Javatopia for years. Many different roasts and blends.

    ReplyDelete