Sunday, October 7, 2012

Married Life Update

It's been over a month since the wedding and things are just now finally starting to calm down.  It's unbelievable how excited I am just for things to be "normal" again.  I can wake up in the morning and not have to think about centerpieces or floral arrangements (Or the endless thank you's to be sent.)!  Thank you Jesus. 

Picture from our wedding photo re-shoot day. 
To sum it up in one word, married life is AWESOME.  There has been some unexpected and not so wonderful moments (mostly involving the bringing together of other important people in our lives), but overall Nick and my relationship with each other is awesome.  We are happier and more comfortable than we have ever been before.  We have a whole new level of love and trust for one another since saying "I DO".  Also, we have discovered that the trying moments only make us stronger.  Any insecurities that Nick and I had before we said I do have been heavily evaluated in this past month.

People keep asking me if I feel any different since saying I do. The answer to that is a big YES!  Suddenly I feel all grown up.  Keep in mind I'm only 24, graduated from college 2 years ago and got my first real job, and was living at home with my parents 4 years before that.  It really makes me realize that life happens so fast and I just want to soak up as much of it that I can.  I want to be with the people I love and doing what makes me happy.  That being said, my internal ticking time clock that tells me that I have to have babies right now has somewhat slowed down.  I realize that this may be the only time that Nick and I have (these next couple years) that will be just the two of us.  We want to enjoy this time that we have to the fullest.  And here is our goal... we want to celebrate our first wedding anniversary without a baby, or even a bun in the oven.  I think it is a good goal, it reminds us to slow down and smell the roses.  After our first anniversary we will re-evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment