Thursday, September 6, 2012

Prenatal Vitamins

I recently read that it is smart to start taking prenatal vitamins well before you plan on getting pregnant.  I started taking Nature Made prenatal vitamins a couple months ago because they were on sale at the grocery store.... bad choice.  Do not go for the cheapest prenatal you can find, and you should probably read your labels and do your research before you buy prenatals.  Looking back now, I can tell you, Nature Made prenatals are awful! If you want to experience what morning sickness feels like, without being pregnant, then I encourage you to try Nature Made Prenatal Vitamins.  I had terrible stomach aches and actually felt like I was going to throw up.  Most prenatals are meant to be taken with food.  I did not know this going into using these vitamins, however even after eating a small breakfast with them, the improvements was not much better.

Now, I'm not an expert.  But from what I have read, apparently most prenatals use folic acid, which is synthetic.  If you get a prenatal with "folate" in it though, it has not been altered and is in it's more natural state.  Folic acid is often what leads to that feeling of nauseousness.

So, what to do?  I just purchased New Chapter Perfect Prenatal, it is made with whole foods (rather than synthetic chemicals) and can be taken on an empty stomach!  If you go to their site, this product gets rave reviews!  Women love it.  The only down side is you have to take it 3 times a day.  So what!  I eat at least 3 times a day, so I will just keep my prenatals in my purse.  I will do a full review on them once I have been using them for a few weeks and let you know what I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment